Driver: Krista Sparks
Vehicle Type: Dune Buggy
Special Weapon: 2/5
- Leap n' Slam: Difficult to avoid, Leap n' Slam allows the dune buggy to jump high in the air and land hard on top of an enemy. Be careful when executing this attack in enclosed spaces, because you can sustain damage by hitting obstacles like ceilings and bridges. Grasshopper can easily be taken out of her special attack by a well aimed enemy attack.
License Plate: JUMPIN (Jumpin', a refernce to its name Grasshopper.)
Name: Grasshopper (Meyers Manx)
Special: Body Slam - Grasshopper jumps from the ground and smashes her enemy. You will see a green rectangle locked below the target, that means your ready to do her special. If successful, your target will be thrown far away. When the special is upgraded, press the fire button repeatedly and a few beams of acid hits your target before Grasshopper smashes into her enemy.
- Grasshopper's upgraded special in TM:HO, which involves tapping the fire button to shoot beams of acid whilst airbourne, may be a shoutout to Pit Viper, a vehicle with a similar appearence from the first game.
- Additionally, it should be noted that Pit Viper was replaced by Grasshopper in Twisted Metal 2. This can be justified by hacking Grasshopper's texture file. Pit Viper's Acid Spit sprites still exist in the file, and are complete, but are unused. However, it is possible to see this in-game on the PC port by texture swapping Grasshopper with certain characters (Axel is confirmed.) Because of this, it can be said Pit Viper was originally going to appear, but was taken out sometime in development. To further prove this theory, Grasshopper's files in the PC port are, respectively, initialed "PV".
- Dollface's last name in Twisted Metal (2012) was revealed to be Sparks at the 2010 San Diego ComicCon. It is still yet to be determined if this is Krista's incarnation in the Twisted Metal: Black and/or the Twisted Metal (2012) universe.
- Grasshopper, Mr. Slam and Spectre are the only vehicles that have been piloted by ghosts.
- Grasshopper is one of the only recurring vehicles to have the same special in all it's appearances, along with Mr. Slam, Spectre and Twister.
|Sweet Tooth - Yellow Jacket - Darkside - Thumper - Outlaw - Mr. Grimm - Warthog - Crimson Fury - Pit Viper - Hammerhead - Spectre - Roadkill|
|Twisted Metal 2|
|Twister - Axel - Mr. Slam - Minion - Shadow - Grasshopper|
|Twisted Metal III|
|Auger - Club Kid - Firestarter - Flower Power|
|Twisted Metal 4|
|Orbital - Pizza Boy - Quatro - Calypso - Goggle Eyes - Meter Maid - Trash Man - The Joneses - Drag Queen - Rob Zombie - Micro Blast - Crusher - Moon Buggy - RC Car - Create Car|
|Twisted Metal: Black|
|Junkyard Dog - Brimstone - Crazy 8 - Manslaughter|
|Twisted Metal: Small Brawl|
|Mime - Trapper - Piecemeal|
|Twisted Metal: Head-On|
|ATV - Cousin Eddy - Dark Tooth - Tower Tooth|
|Twisted Metal: Lost|
|12-Pak - Gold Tooth|
|Twisted Metal (2012)|
|Death Warrant - Road Boat - Kamikaze - Reaper - Talon - Meat Wagon - Vermin - Juggernaut|