- "Calypso, I am so very tired..."
- —Mortimer Scharf, Twisted Metal: Head-On
Mortimer Scharf is a recurring character in the Twisted Metal series. In his appearances, he is the driver of Shadow.
A keeper of lost souls, Mortimer helps those who met an untimely death get revenge on their killers. But this year, he's carrying a very strange cargo that will not rest until Calypso has been taken out.
Age: unknown age
Born: 6 feet under
- "What he took from them can never be forgiven or replaced. What they have hired me to do is their only hope, they are in the back right now and resting quite peacefully, but I promise, they will have their revenge."
Voice actor: Bob Ayres Ending:
Mortimer is more concerned with solving math problems and performing science experiments than playing with the other kids. So it's not surprising that when Calypso steals his pet frog, Mortimer "willingly" enters the contest to win him back.
Ending: Calypso tells Mortimer that he can have his frog back, and that it was making so much noise that he could not go inside the shed in which he kept it in. Mortimer cryptically explains that it is common with frogs that are exposed with radiation and tells Calypso "on second thought, you can keep the frog," before quickly fleeing the scene shouting "victory!" Calypso, who is confused by what Mortimer meant, turns around when the shed behind him starts to violently shake. The shed collapses, revealing the frog has mutated to a gargantous size. Calypso only has time to scream before the frog lashes out its tongue and swallows him whole.
Mortimer returns with a simple wish of going back to sleep after being woken up by some drunk punks who read the epitaph engraved n his headstone seeing if it was true.
Age: Long Dead (however he might of died between the ages of 36 or 37, according to his gravestone in his ending).
Voice actor: Joel McCrary
Twisted Metal 2
- "I am not here for my prize, Calypso. It is I who have a gift for you."
- "These are the souls of the people who have died in you're contest, the poor men and women who were simply walking the streets of the world when your Twisted Metal competitors ran them down. They've hired me to take revenge on you."