Mr. Slam is a vehicle that has appeared in Twisted Metal 2, Twisted Metal 4, Twisted Metal: Small Brawl, and Twisted Metal: Head-On.
It has always been depicted as a yellow front loader construction vehicle. It has good armor, a strong special, and poor speed. It is well-known for its special attack, which involves grabbing an opponent in its front lifter, and smashing or crushing their vehicle before tossing it away.
A disgruntled architect fired from his job, Simon Whittlebone wants to win Twisted Metal for the power to build a structure so grand that it will stretch to the gates of Heaven! But what will be lurking behind those gates?
Vehicle: Caterpillar 950 / Mr. Slam
Driver: Simon Whittlebone
Vehicle Type: Front Loader
Special Weapon: 5/5
- Grab and Slam: Mr. Slam's Special Weapon is a bone-crunching Jaw Slam that picks up an opponent in its teeth and repeatedly smashes their vehicle into the ground. Capable of causing extreme damage, the Jaw Slam will only pick up a vehicle if they are positioned closely to the jaws. To execute, hold the firing button down to raise the jaws and then release the button when the enemy is in range.
License Plate: CHWMUP ("chew 'em up")
Mr. Slam returns in Twisted Metal 4 as Super Slamm, where it serves as one of the two bosses of the Oil Rig alongside Super Auger. It can be unlocked by completing Tournament mode or inputting → L1 Start O Start at the Password screen. The identity of the driver is unknown, however many have speculated that the driver is again Simon Whittlebone.
Super Slamm is no longer a front loader, but a bulldozer. Specifically, an International Harvester Payloader.
Name: Super Slamm
Special Weapon: ??
- Loader: Super Slamm will lift an opposing vehicle with the front scooper and repeatedly slam it onto the ground before tossing it away.
The oldest & tallest of the contestants, he enters the contest seeking revenge because Calypso had destroyed his tree house! This is one little construction worker not to be messed with!
VehicleEditThis construction truck is ready to "deconstruct" its opponents. When close to opponents, press the Fire Weapon button [L2 button] to grab them in the front loader's jaws and pound them into submission! Watch out for the earthquake created when Slam misses!
Name: (International Harvester Payloader) Construction Vehicle
Top Speed: 4/10
Special: Grabs vehicles with its loader and slams them to the ground
Mr. Slam returns to Twisted Metal: Head-On. He is once again operated by Whittlebone's ghost. He enters the tournament in order to finish Whittlebone Tower. He is an unlockable character, if you beat the Freeway Slalom in the Los Angeles.
In his Twisted Metal 2 ending, he fell to his death off Whittlebone Tower. Here, he comes back as a ghost who controls his vehicle. He wants to be reborn so he could finish his tower.
Special: Bucket Slam Shake - Mr. Slam grabs an enemy vehicle and slams it a few times before throwing it in the air. His upgraded Special reaches farther to grab far away enemies and deal more damage the more it is charged.
Tri-Missile - Mr. Slam fires three missiles simultaneously. Only available on Multiplayer on the PSP version. (TM:HO)
- In the Twisted Metal 2 beta, Mr. Slam was originally named Bam Bam. Also, his Special Weapon was a little different - instead of throwing the car forward, Bam Bam threw the car backwards. Added to that, the Special Weapon was much more powerful in the beta version, capable of almost instantly killing a medium-armored opponent.
- Mr. Slam has the most name changes out of all the other Twisted Metal vehicles to date; his name changed from Mr. Slam to Super Slamm in Twisted Metal 4, then to simply Slam in Small Brawl, and then back to Mr. Slam again in Head-On.
- Seeing that Outlaw was the official winner of Twisted Metal 2, as shown in Head-On, it is impossible for Simon to have built Whittlebone Tower, let alone fall off of it. This thereby creates a continuality error with his appearance in Head-On.
- However, it's quite possible that he didn't win the competition, but he did finish building his tower.
- Since Mr. Slam can be seen in the concept art for the cancelled game Twisted Metal: Apocalypse, it can be assumed that he was supposed to be a playable vehicle in that game.
- According to David Jaffe, a model for Mr. Slam has been created for Twisted Metal (2012) but was cut from the final game for unknown reasons.
- Mr. Slam, Grasshopper and Spectre are the only vehicles that have been piloted by ghosts.
|Twisted Metal (1995)|
|Sweet Tooth - Yellow Jacket - Darkside - Outlaw - Thumper - Crimson Fury - Pit Viper - Warthog - Mr. Grimm - Spectre - Hammerhead - Roadkill|
|Twisted Metal 2|
|Twister - Axel - Mr. Slam - Minion - Shadow - Grasshopper|
|Twisted Metal III|
|Auger - Club Kid - Firestarter - Flower Power|
|Twisted Metal 4|
|Orbital - Pizza Boy - Quatro - Calypso - Goggle Eyes - Meter Maid - Trash Man - The Joneses - Drag Queen - Rob Zombie - Micro Blast - Crusher - Moon Buggy - RC Car - Create Car|
|Twisted Metal: Black|
|Junkyard Dog - Brimstone - Crazy 8 - Manslaughter|
|Twisted Metal: Small Brawl|
|Mime - Trapper - Piecemeal|
|Twisted Metal: Head-On|
|ATV - Cousin Eddy - Dark Tooth - Tower Tooth|
|Twisted Metal: Lost|
|12-Pak - Gold Tooth|
|Twisted Metal (2012)|
|Death Warrant - Road Boat - Kamikaze - Reaper - Talon - Meat Wagon - Vermin - Juggernaut|