Sweet Tooth's Carnival (not to be confused with Sweet Tooth's Carnival of Carnage), or simply The Carnival, is the eighth and final level in Twisted Metal 4. It is a large, carnival-based map, with several tents and a haunted house.
A roller coaster delimits the level, and there is a tip truck (known as the Roller Toaster) continuously moving on its track. The tip truck can damage player vehicles by running into them, but it can be destroyed by a Proximity Mine, a Remote Bomb, or one or two Power Missiles . It destroys itself when the boss appears if it was not already destroyed. 6 regular opponents are present. Sweet Tooth is the boss of this level, and the final boss of the game.
Tactics & strategies
- The large tent holds a big amount of weapons.
- In the middle of the fire ring, there is a partial Health.
- You can jump on the roof of the large tent. It yields a Lightning object, weapons and a partial Health.
- There is a Full Health lying on the track of the Roller Toaster. Be careful, however, not to get rammed by the Roller Toaster because you will lose a lot of health upon being hit. You do not want to die just in front of that health pack!
- Use the teleporter next to the small building (near the large tent) to go on top of it. When you get teleported, plant 3 Proximity mines, drive away a bit (do not jump off) and wait for Sweet Tooth to follow you. Watch the result.
- If you do not want to use that technique, remember to pelt Sweet Tooth with missiles and other weapons from a distance. He never uses his "Henchmen" Special Weapon from far away. It is also advised to freeze (← → ↑ ↑) him, attack him and then run away, because fighting him head-on for too long is very dangerous. Most average-sized vehicles will get killed in one shot by his Special Weapon.
- Inside the small building, shoot the walls to reveal pictures of Melvin and Sweet Tooth's other henchmen.