Twister is an IndyCar race car driven by an IndyCar race driver, Amanda Watts, and later driven by Miranda Watts in Twisted Metal: Head-On. In both games, the vehicle has fast speed and acceleration, coupled with a strong special weapon. However, the vehicle is very weak due to its low armor. Twister is one of the fastest vehicle in the Twisted Metal games in which it appeared.
Vehicle: Race Car Formula Indy / Twister
Driver: Amanda Watts
Vehicle Type: Race Car
Special Weapon: 4/5
- Tornado Spin: Twister's Special Weapon is a deadly Tornado Spin that picks up vehicles and swings them around. Any cars in her path will get caught in the vortex and slammed against buildings and other obstacles before being flung away. Be cautious when using this weapon on rooftops or cliff-sides, because controlling your vehicle's position is extremely difficult.
License Plate: LHYTSPD (Light Speed, a reference to Amanda's wish)
This girl isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack, but she is one of the best drivers! She loves going fast, and enters the contest seeking the ultimate thrill ride!
Fire Twister's Special Weapon and watch as a spinning whirlwind captures opponents and whips them around until they rattle apart!
Vehicle Type: Race Car
Top Speed: 8/10
- Tornado Cyclone: A blue cyclone will form around the vehicle, sucking in any nearby vehicles. It is much easier to use than in Twisted Metal 2 since the tornado does not affect your movement.
Twister makes a return in Twisted Metal: Head-On, but this time as Miranda Watts, the twin sister of Amanda Watts from Twisted Metal 2. Miranda enters the contest in hopes of finding out what happened to her sister.
Name: Miranda Watts
Tale of the Tape: Age: 25 -- Height: 5' 2" -- Weight: 100
Backstory: Miranda's twin sister, Amanda, competed in Twisted Metal a few years ago, and she's been missing ever since. Miranda's been on an exhaustive hunt for her sister but hasn't had any luck finding her. She eventually followed Amanda's trail to Calypso, who offered her a seat in the upcoming Twisted Metal. Miranda is no stranger to racing, as she and Amanda used to be the top two female car racers in the world. She agrees to enter Twisted Metal and knows exactly what she'll wish for: her sister's return.
Special: Tornado Twist
You start spinning and start creating a huge, long tornado is created sweeping enemies and throwing them around.
- Twisted Metal 2: Amanda races across the rooftops to get her wish from Calypso. She asks Caplyso to give her more speed. Calypso grants her wish and Amanda starts going backwards in time. After she vists a few scenes in time, Amanda runs out of gas in the dinosaur times. She sees a T-Rex and is crushed under its foot. Millions of years later, Amanda's helmet is found as fossil and is displayed at a museum.
- Twisted Metal Small Brawl: Twister is seen riding a kiddie ride and tells Calypso that he can make her go fast. Calpyso chuckles and pulls a lever. The lever starts up a rocket, where Twister is sitting, launches and sends Twister into space with Twister saying "Whooo Hooooo!"
- Twisted Metal Head On: Miranda races on the streets to Calpyso for her wish and stops in front of him. Calypso starts to concratulates Miranda but she interupts him and asks "Where is she?" Caplyso questions her and Miranda tells him her sister, Amanda, enter Twisted Metal a few years back and no one as heard from her since she entered. Calypso remembers Amanda's entry and states that she is dead but he isn't sure. Miranda threatens to kill him but Calypso reminds her that she has to make her wish still. Miranda wishes that Amanda was returned to her and alive. Calypso grants her wish and calls Mr. Grimm, snaps his fingers then a soul comes out of Mr. Grimm. The soul causes to crack the earth and Amanda puts her hand out, then Miranda helps Amanda up out of the crack. By the time Amanda got on her feet, Miranda was freaked out by the way Amanda looked like at that moment. Amanda hugs Miranda, with Miranda totally freaked out by "The Witch Amanda", then the screen fades to black.
- Twister and Mr. Slam are the only vehicles to always have the same special.
- According to David Jaffe, a model for Twister has been created for Twisted Metal (2012). This suggests that Twister was supposed to make it into the game, but it is unknown why it was scrapped, besides, David Jaffe also announced that there will be no DLC for the game.
- In Dollface's in Twisted Metal (2012) ending, the fossilsed helmet of Twister can be seen.
- Twister's Small Brawl ending could be a reference to Outlaw's ending in Twisted Metal 1.
- Twister's speed is actually outmatched by Crimson Fury in Twisted Metal: Small Brawl.
- In, Twisted Metal: Head-On, when being resurrected, Amanda Watts has the same outfit that Miranda has. However in Twisted Metal 2, she has a far different color scheme than her sister. Also, Amanda has her helmet on, but in her ending, she lost her helmet.
- Her finner in twisted metal 2 might say twisted or twister
|Sweet Tooth - Yellow Jacket - Darkside - Thumper - Outlaw - Mr. Grimm - Warthog - Crimson Fury - Pit Viper - Hammerhead - Spectre - Roadkill - Minion|
|Twisted Metal 2|
|Grasshopper - Twister - Axel - Mr. Slam - Shadow - Dark Tooth|
|Twisted Metal III|
|Auger - Club Kid - Firestarter - Flower Power - Primeval|
|Twisted Metal 4|
|Orbital - Pizza Boy - Quatro - Goggle Eyes - Meter Maid - Trash Man - The Joneses - Drag Queen - Rob Zombie - Micro Blast - Moon Buggy - RC Car - Crusher|
|Twisted Metal: Black|
|Brimstone - Crazy 8 - Junkyard Dog - Manslaughter - Tanker - Warhawk|
|Twisted Metal: Small Brawl|
|Mime - Trapper - Piecemeal|
|Twisted Metal: Head-On|
|ATV - Cousin Eddy - Tower Tooth|
|Twisted Metal: Lost|
|12-Pak - Gold Tooth|
|Twisted Metal (2012)|
|Death Warrant - Juggernaut - Kamikaze - Meat Wagon - Reaper - Road Boat - Talon - Vermin - Slayer - Iron Maiden - Sweet Tooth's Carnival of Carnage|